We employ project managers at a wide range of Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical and Biotech clients and have part home-based positions for those with the right experience. Some travel is required. Our salaries are highly competitive, and our career progression opportunities are outstanding.
A career at FirstWave provides many advantages for project managers:
- Comprehensive training program before/during and on assignments
- Ongoing therapeutic, departmental and industry-specific training sessions
- Outstanding career progression and development opportunities
- A supportive and collaborative corporate culture and environment at a wide range of clients and FirstWave internally
CPMs play a vital role in meeting our commitment to our clients. They are responsible for:
- Based on project requirements, project managers are charged with oversight of all relevant functional areas involved in delivering FirstWave services to the client. Assigned projects may be global, regional or national, and project managers may oversee multiple studies – dependent on the client this could be in the Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry.
Project managers' main responsibilities may include:
- Overall coordination and management of clinical trials from startup to closeout.
- Direction of the technical, protocol-specific and operational aspects of assigned trials.
- Collaboration with major functional areas to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project, interpret data, make good business decisions and ensure the implementation of timely solutions.
- Accountability for ensuring all project deliverables meet customers' expectations as well as FirstWave's standards.
- Manage and coordinate efforts of cross-functional project teams and third parties/vendors to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles and ensure consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
- Develop study management plans, together with team assignments and accountabilities and oversight of database maintenance.
- Serve as primary project contact with client to ensure communication is maintained and reporting schedules are adhered to.
- Collect information on team performance against contract, customer expectations, and project baselines.
- Lead problem solving and resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies and issues.
- Identify quality issues within the study to implement appropriate corrective action plans. Escalate findings and action plans to appropriate parties.
- Manage project budgets.
- Provide input to line managers of their project team members' performance relative to project tasks.
- Prepare and present project information at internal and external meetings.
- Ensure high performance and efficiency of the clinical team through the scheduling of co-monitoring/accompanied site/visits and ongoing mentoring of CRA team.
- Writing and review Protocols and other study specific documents.
- Career opportunities include the following positions:
- Senior Clinical Project Manager
- Clinical Research Manager
- Associate director Clinical Research
Qualified candidates possess a bachelor's or a Masters’ degree in life sciences. A minimum of two years of experience in a clinical trial environment is required. Individuals with at least two years of experience in a health sciences field with formal training in medical terminology and anatomy will be considered. Travel can range from 20-60% on a national level or dependent on the project up to 80% international travel.